Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Kitchen components and inspiration

Dilemma: The art of doing nothing in my free time, which I did a lot of nothing on our travels, vs renovating, fixing home so it looks the way I want and I can enjoy it the way I envision it.

It has been several months since my kitchen was gutted and I have enjoyed moving around in the open space and cupboardless walls.  I have been able to formulate ideas. Realize limitations vs wants.  I didn't want to purchase anything too soon, lest I change my mind, but I feel confident about several components and ideas that continually repeat in my mind.

Textured slate flooring:
via Design*Sponge

via bloesem


Wood and stainless steel (counter tops and appliances). The kind that exudes warmth.
Art in the kitchen


Simple pieces to work into small spaces:
via Design*Sponge

via Design*Sponge
via remodellista malcolm davis


And a beautiful sink - I have always loved the farmhouse style sink:

via the style files

?


Open shelving & sink. Love this rustic sink and the tiles. I'll have to stop here and admire the beauty... 

and now time to go shopping...

1 comment:

  1. i need kitchen inspiration so i am loving this post, i'm decorating mine now!

    ReplyDelete

Another 100 year old house renovation

Popular Posts