Thursday, December 16, 2010

Bathroom reno completed

The bathroom was painted over the weekend!

The mirror and shelf were installed. We also took off the "plastic" baseboard and installed a wood baseboard. A trim around the door frame was attached. The wood shelf is still undone as I do not know what to do with it (it is not the recessed "2" shelf I envisioned). We love the outcome of bathroom - a complete year from start to finish! 



The Toto Aquia II Dual flush toilet;  I love my toilet. It was really important to me to get a water conservative dual flush. Although any toilet would have been better then the water guzzler that was previously in here.
Kohler Wellworth sink. The sink, this was my backup sink. I had bought two other sinks and returned them as they didn't fit the tiny area and they were not quite what I wanted.  Faucet is by Kohler.


Wall paint - Oatlands taupe; Door, baseboard and ceiling - white. I initially used Chantilly Lace paint by Benj Moore on the walls, but that dulled the tiles. (post edit: not in love with the paint colour with this bathroom. I will have the find the perfect white)

Baseboard Painted and installed by Contract-Her.


The shelf was installed above the tile, just in case I changed my mind. I didn't want to put holes in the tile.   Mirror - Pottery Barn online store.   Vanity Shelf - Vintage Tub and Bath.


Light fixture - oil rubbed bronze, made by Rejuvenation: 


The boldest thing I did in this bathroom, the Floor tile - Keystone Daltile -ocean blue and artisan brown summer.


Wall and bath surround tile - Modern Dimensions, Arctic white matte finish



IMG_0234
And a white waffle shower curtain and bath mat from Target. Still need a new rod. I have a bruise on my cheekbone as the rod keeps falling down.

Click here for BEFORE pictures. And here for work in progress and one of the beautiful but rejected sinks.

1 comment:

  1. OMG! What an amazing transformation! I love your floor! It's so individual and very cool!
    Cx

    ReplyDelete

Another 100 year old house renovation

Popular Posts