Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Baby needs shoes


 


Lucy has a pair of Baby Jane Lamb shoes by Robeez, but they are too big.  Her Moccasins, too big; her faux fur booties, too small, her velvet dance shoes, too tight.












We have adored wearing her Paidrag slippers!   They have been worn all fall and winter and I am sure they have kept her feet toasty warm. Thick colourful wool, leather soles and lambswool insides. We get compliments on the shoes every day we are out.






When my boy was a baby, I totally got my shoe fix. It started with Robeez, then Zara. Enter a few traditional Turkish slippers. A classic blue runner, so cute we got these throughout several growth spurts. Some cheap fun sandals....  I did keep some of my favourite sons' baby shoes, but they are too wide for my daughters slim foot, even the replica soft shoe of the Blundstone boot. (The green leather Zara sandal shoe were my favourite; he had those in two sizes as well.)






In bittersweet preparation for the inevitable growth of her baby feet, I have been bookmarking spiffy shoes. I predict an  extravaganza shoe shopping spree is coming my her way!





Some sole for your babies feet:


Some lambswool booties from Etsy shop Wooly Baby. These slippers look soooo comfy and would look super cool with tights and a dress. (p.s. bought and waiting in anticipation for their arrival)











Another Etsy find Caramel Diezel , cute Mary Jane knitted slippers in stylish colours:















And adorable spring loafers from Etsy shop Slightly Polished (brought to my attention via 6th Street Design). Love and Kisses pattern to your left & keeping with the burst of sunshine theme ... yellow polka dots to your right.









Some reliable cute classics @ Stride Rite, although I hesitate to buy white.










And lastly (for now) See Kai Run. Many choices here. Green and spring are on my mind: 








As much as I like shoes and shopping, I LOVE baby bare feet. A dilemma ... I suppose I can subside my desire and go with the wooly slippers. It is still winter and the hardwood floors are cold.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Another 100 year old house renovation

Popular Posts