Friday, April 22, 2011

Outdoor living space inspiration

From one of my favourite magazines, House Beautiful. A magazine that my mom used to buy a subscription for me and had it mailed to my home. Long after my subscription stopped and I was consumed by parenting I sort of forgot about it, until recently. I noticed its appearance on the magazine racks down here!

Here are some of my favourite outdoor spaces.

I like the roof top and colours


Reminds me of a french canopy bed @ Anthropologie

The stone garden

above photo source: House Beautiful

I really want a slide off the deck (that I need to build). I have a Dwell magazine at home with some backyard photos, which is where the idea came to mind. I cannot find the mag online to grab the picture and after a half hour of googling for other inspiration photos I could only find this:


Not very glamorous, but almost exactly what I want. Its actually good to see a more ordinary / real deck as mine will probably resemble this more then the inspiration photos.  The back of my house does NOT look like this, I have an alcove so the deck will be shaded. I will also have either a bamboo roof or pergola over head and hopefully some morning glories crawling up the posts. My slide will be curved and coming around a corner of the deck. And I want to add a climbing wall and a fort underneath.  Maybe with a  little fabric and my other ideas I will be able to make it closer to looking like this:

via the style files

1 comment:

  1. The kid in me started bouncing up and down when I saw that slide. How much FUN would it be to slide off the deck? I'm going to come visit you when you have it built. Haha!

    ReplyDelete

Another 100 year old house renovation

Popular Posts