Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Age

Longevity the new middle age?

When I was a kid I remember "middle age" well. We talked about it with my parents, They were middle aged. They joked about it, questioned it and my dad surely denied it. I don't recall my mom and middle age; something a woman has the option not to discuss. Sealed lips and that knowing look in her eye.   My  kids must be too young to know about this thing called middle age.  Maybe it is something they will learn in mid grade health class - for us (people my age) that didn't happen until highschool, but I am pretty sure health classes start earlier now. 


I am 45 and I don't feel middle aged at all.  I have a 9 year old and a 23mth old. But how long do I think I am going to live? I dunno.  When my first born was 3, I reassured him that I will live until 103. This satisfied him. He was reassured I wasn't going anywhere, for a long, long time. And if this is the case, I am far from middle age. Phew.






Or maybe he will understand it, retrospectively, after I bring home a yellow convertible car. I really need one of these. Pronto.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Another 100 year old house renovation

Popular Posts