Tuesday, February 19, 2013

La Toilette



After the baseboards and trim were installed last week, I was tasked with a painting job. Not my favourite task, as I've complained before. But when FUN is involved, that amps up the motivation and determination.  Fun?.



Base boards and trim, finishing touches. ooh la la

And today, while all the stars and moons were aligned for precise painting and Lucy was at daycare, I was able to crack open the chalkboard paint and finally get at it.  And since the baseboards and trim are kind of in the way, they some of them got a couple of coats of primer too.  Should give me some motivation to finish them, later on.




If you zoom in one may notice I didn't bother painting the edge around the door. And its quite obvious my focus stopped right at the corner where sliding door meets french door. And the baseboards in the bathroom, they were ignored too.  And company, the cat trying to get to the sink to drink her water. And later in the day, when I gambled a third coat with a present Lucy. Well, it all worked out.



The door. The sliding door is a perfect place for a chalkboard.  And it looks great. One thin coat of primer, 3 coats of black chalkboard paint.  And three days for curing (so says this brand) and then I can scribble La Toilette on the master piece, lest any one is looking or wondering.  And my first attempt at a chalkboard painted wall at the bottom of the stairs can become a new creation.


Wall paint: White Dove by Benjamin Moore
Baseboard and trim: Kilz2 latex primer; 2 coats
Door: Rust-Oleum Chalkboard paint.

1 comment:

  1. This nice article encouraged me very much! Bookmarked your blog, very interesting topics just about everywhere that I read here! I appreciate the information, thanks.

    ReplyDelete

Another 100 year old house renovation

Popular Posts