Friday, July 12, 2013

A travel outfit and Costa Rica

In case you are still around and wondering and its not obvious ... my house updates have slowed down; I still have one wall in the dining room to paint, a 4ft x 2ft section in the kitchen to paint, the stairway hallway, etc.  I need to make a trip to an Ikea (4+hrs) to get the last bit of cabinetry, a pantry. The upper, open shelving needs to be put up and a  chimney vent for the oven.  It goes on, the list.


Perhaps my motivation slowed while I wait to hear about the work contract; perhaps its the lazy summer days where routine changes weekly.


What I have been able to do is watch the garden grow. YUM Snow peas. Hang with my kids - bike, swim, bike, soccer.  And do some personal growth stuff.

Polka dot shirt, Forever 21

It's hard to make time for yourself when you are solo w/ kids.  So during these past few months of "no work",  I actually had one day of work a week. And I kept Lucy in day care for a 2nd day and made it a Me Day.  A wonderful few months of not working; I look happier, feel carefree, and I have slimmed down.  Thank you time. Time for running and biking.  Time to lay on the couch and watch a movie in the middle of the day.

Feeling blah for the past couple years and wondering why I kept gaining (age?) I hadn't bought clothes for myself for several years. Sad. I like cute clothes.  BUT now, feeling super fit, cute things actually look cute on! Amazing what running does for your thighs, butt, waist, arms,  (my calves have always been fine ;) and .... mental state.

Red, slim chinos. A perfect deep red. Cute. Thank you.

Courtesy of H&M.

Another thing I did to distract myself from the unknown, was buy tickets to Costa Rica.  (Long in the planning, I just had to decide whether I should go ahead with it or not). I was there 20 years ago for three months and wanted to go back, take a look around and show my children the jungle.

So I just wanted to tell you I am still here, I bought a great travel outfit, and we are off for a week in the cloud forest and then a week on a pacific coast beach.  And when I return, there will hopefully be good news on the contract, more painting and house updates and a travel post!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Another 100 year old house renovation

Popular Posts