Thursday, July 7, 2011

Oh my! Pretty little dresses

And for only a handful of coins.















Handmade by different vendors. 5 lira's a piece. That is approx. 3 dollars.





My favourite is the green one with purple flowers. It must be made of old sari material, it is so lightweight. The green and pink one stirs up fond memories of the 70's and the preppy girls I knew. And I liked the ladynthat was selling it. The white one, now I think it is a shirt for an older girl. I like the purple embroidery.

And I am smitten with this shade of yellow and will have to go back tomorrow to get another dress.

*******************
And we went back and got the yellow dress. They didn't have the size I wanted, a larger one for next year.  When we walked by the next day the "husband" told us that his wife made a new one last night, just for us. I do not know how she made it so fast, embroidery and all.


I also picked up a couple little striped shirts.





2 comments:

  1. Beautiful little dresses. I would probably chose the red and definitely yellow dress. They are so different from what I used to wear when I was a little girl.

    Greetings.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So beautiful! I love the green dress and the striped shirts. If it were me, I'd be asking that lovely women if she makes any for grown-ups!

    ReplyDelete

Another 100 year old house renovation

Popular Posts