Sunday, July 3, 2011

Swim: Challenging

I thought writing each day about SWIM would be easy, well, easy enough.  We are traveling until July 13 and we are able to swim a lot. In fact we are headed to the seaside town of Assos where the beach and a pool will be at our fingertips. There is one minor challenge though; getting to a computer to write about it. Today proved to be tough. We are staying in Istanbul in two different places. One connected the other not. We spent the day at grandmas apartment, the unconnected place. An hour after papa left in the morning, I felt trapped. Sick boy, laying on couch and baby taking her nap. I was pacing from room to room, nowhere to go, nowhere to write. Nowhere to walk except from room to room. And nowhere to swim.  But I did realize how important the first few hours in the morning are to me. I need to release my energy, such as a long walk and I need a creative outlet, such as blogging/writing/planning/finding inspiration. I have been doing this for 6 months and this morning I noticed how good it is for me. When papa returned a few hours later, I high tailed it out of there.

****
Personal goals - Swimming days:
7/1 - check - @ BuMed. Splashed in baby pool for a bit, then handed off baby L. and swam in the big pool. A stranger tossed the reluctant Chaz into the water!

7/2 - no swim

 7/3 - no swim

1 comment:

  1. I know how you feel...if I don't have time to go for a walk and then check blogs in the morning, my day feels like it's off to a bad start!

    ReplyDelete

Another 100 year old house renovation

Popular Posts