Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Funky, artful weekend past

We had grand plans this past Saturday (6/4/11). We started out with a plan and energy abound and made it to Funk and Waffles for breakfast. This seemed like the natural place to eat before going to the funky flea market.





Our 2nd time here and my son has already pinned a table for us. The gold velvet sofa.





We then explored the Funky flea market. Typically, in this town, antiques are over priced and the pieces are less antiquey and more flea markety.  And the flea markets are merely a mass collection of Ty Beanie Babies.









I was excited to find a flea market that was full of vintage items properly {=why not buy it} priced. This was the first year for the event and I hope it continues and grows.


A moody day for vintage finds.








.




Our day was interrupted switched over to a soccer league game.  After the game our exploring around town turned  social {for my son} so I took the opportunity to practice the art of nothingness  (i.e lay on sofa under ceiling fan, flip through magazine, tickle baby)

The other planned touring included Food FestivalWestcott Art Trail and a neighbourhood yard sale. Thankfully they are reoccurring events. The art of nothingness needs practice.

3 comments:

  1. Ohh that sofa looks cozy and I love flea markets. They are great! Have a lovely day, my dear
    Kisses

    Ps: I’m hosting a stunning 3 gold bracelets GIVEAWAY later today! Fun pieces to spice up summer outfits!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the little plane! I also love your little guys scoping out the goods.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I"m so jealous of everyones trips to awesome flea markets, we just don't have those here!

    ReplyDelete

Another 100 year old house renovation

Popular Posts