The "FEELS LIKE" temperatures (thats -16F) have delayed schools and even closed them down, but it didn't stop me from removing the numbers. Most exterior fixes will occur on warmer days and hopefully that will happen in the next few weeks.
The above paragraph was written a month ago, and today, another snow day and 10 - 15 inches of snow in the forecast. But somehow I have managed to make a little progress on the front, such as spray paint the numbers, buy a new exterior light and I found some old exterior paint in the basement and started touching up. But still need a dryer and warmer day to complete the exterior list.
Phase 4 - fix up the exterior - the pending list:
1) remove rusty street numbers, sand and spray paint.
2) replace broken exterior door light - have purchased and returned two lights already - it remained broken for a reason - last attempt tonight and I'll get the right one!
3) Paint porch - wait for a dry week.
4) Purchase, install and paint railings and spindles for front entrance - some mortgage loans, like FHA, are more strict about safety concerns - thus, preemptive, but putting railings around the porch.
5) Deal with chipped paint.
6) Its winter, shovel and maintain drive for drive-by appeal; spring time, weed and and watch the spring blooms.
Luckily the sidewalk had been replaced before I bought the house. But the loan was via a property tax program, transferred to me. It will transfer to the new owners, but there is only a year left,so they will be happy to see the taxes decrease.
Phase 1 - Chaos
Phase 2 - Big jobs
Phase 3 - Face lift interior
And in between, a whole lot of painting
Another 100 year old house renovation
Some pinterest pea gravel patio inspiration shots, to keep me motivated... Oh SO Quaint: Source: casacara.wordpress.com via Sara ...
I have bought my share of curtains and rods for my other apartments and homes. I may, in fact, have a thing for curtains now that I think of...
A long time ago I stumbled across this wire basket and fell in love. The most I could afford to do with it was post up a idea board &...
via I love throwing on a pair of cut off sweat pants and a white t-shirt. Getting on my bike, pedaling hard, winding through traffic a...
Like Autumn temperatures dropping, my backyard project winds down and my attention and efforts return indoors. Besides the 1 cubic yard of l...